Inversions are empowering, restorative, invigorating. They teach us about ourselves – our strength, our weaknesses, our playfulness, our fears, and how to overcome them. In this weekend training, we will study all inversions: their alignment, energetics, contraindications, proper assists, and modifications. This weekend will provide foundational in-depth instruction and guidance to a wide array of inversions (headstand, forearm stand, handstand, shoulder stand, and variations of them). Expect to play, expect to fall, expect to get stronger, expect to learn.
This training is open to yoga teachers and students alike, of all levels. Let’s learn how to access these empowering poses and incorporate them into your regular yoga practice with ease.
**This course is open to students with a steady practice who wish to learn more about Inversions.
LEAD TEACHER: Amy Wolfe
- “Light on Yoga“ by BKS Iyengar – p 179 (fig. 74) – p 193; p 205 (fig 87) – p 213; p 285 (fig 130) – p 287; p 386 – p 388
- “Key Poses of Yoga” by Dr. Ray Long – p 165 – 177; p 184
- “Key Muscles of Yoga” by Dr. Ray Long – p 15 + 17 (shoulder only); p 26 + 30 – 31; key muscles at the start of each chapter on pages: 139 – 194; p 214 & Chapter 25
DATES & TIMES: TBD
- Friday: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm
LOCATION: Noho: 666 Broadway @ Bond St, 3rd Floor
SELF INVESTMENT: $400
Payment Deadline – Sunday, August 16, 2020
EARLY BIRD RATE: $350 *
Early Bird Deadline – Sunday, July 19, 2020
*For the Early Bird Rate, full payment must be made by the Early Bird Deadline.
TO REGISTER: Fill out an online application and then pay in full*! Registration opens June 21, 2020.
* YOUR FREE MONTH OF UNLIMITED YOGA CLASSES begins the day you pay your full tuition! No refunds within 31 days before the program begins, and refunds requested more than 31 days before the program begins lose $150 processing fee only.