Going upside down challenges our perception of how we normally experience our surroundings, putting us in a place that is unfamiliar and may be uncomfortable. This type of work offers an opportunity to see our world differently, which can inspire and empower our practice.
This program will cover alignment and sequencing fundamentals to support a healthy and sustainable inversion practice. We will also learn how to guide others in more challenging and advanced asanas and gain proficiency in working with practitioners of all levels and body types.
**This course is open to students with a steady practice who wish to learn more about Inversions.
- Inversion Alignment
- The anatomy of balance
- Traditional Headstand (including 7 Ashtanga Yoga headstands)
- How to Sequence towards inversions and arm balances
- Exit Strategy – Learning how to fall intelligently
- Props – How blocks, straps, blankets and the wall can support an inversion practice
- Assist – Being supportive without intrusion
- Group Teaching Lab – Students will teach each other as we observe and dissect how to better our approach (choice of words, technique and asanas)
- Self-practice – students will be assigned several at-home practice exercises
Lead Teacher: Rebecca Hajek
Dates: January 21-23 & January 28-30
(Students should plan to attend both weekends)
This training will be offered on Zoom. We will send you a link one week prior to the start of the training.
Self Investment: $400
Payment Deadline – Friday, January 14, 2022
Early Bird Rate: $350 *
Early Bird Deadline – Friday, December 24, 2021
*For the Early Bird Rate, full payment must be made by the Early Bird Deadline
Click here to sign up!
* A FREE MONTH OF UNLIMITED YOGA CLASSES begins the day the program starts! No refunds within 31 days before the program begins, and refunds requested more than 31 days before the program begins lose $150 processing fee only.
We are offering a BIPOC scholarship for this training. Please submit a 1 page essay explaining why you hope to join the Inversion Training, and how this scholarship would be personally and professionally helpful to you. Please submit your essay to email@example.com by December 17, 2021.