We have partnered with Sarah Herrington and OM Schooled Teacher Trainings to bring a Kids Yoga Teacher Training program to Yoga Vida! We have run this program for several years and are excited to now offer it online via Zoom and a library of videos, an online manual, and tools to keep.
OM Schooled believes it is an honor to teach children yoga and offers rigorous but joyful trainings that will enrich any yogi’s life. Our program teaches structure – classroom management, daily lesson plans, and curriculum creation – along with the freedom, fun, and energy that comes with kids yoga. We create the space and opportunity to practice teach in order to give our participants a comprehensive and innovative teaching toolbox. There are no prerequisites other than the desire to teach children and a love for yoga. OM Schooled is special because it was born and bred in NYC public schools and has been around for a decade. Participants will leave with a handful of co-created lesson plans and the confidence to use them.
- If you are a yoga teacher: this course will help you learn to translate yoga into age-appropriate goodness
- If you are a school teacher: this course will teach you to incorporate mindfulness breaks into the classroom or teach full yoga sessions in the school setting
- If you are a parent: this course will help you plant seeds of mindfulness, health and wellness in your children early on.
- If you are in love with yoga: this course will teach you how to share it with those who will inherit this earth
Yoga is for every child and is a low-cost, accessible addition to any learning environment.
**All training sessions will take place via Zoom, and all participants will, in addition, receive videos of tools to keep, a complete teacher training manual and will check-in with the instructor one-on-one during the course via Zoom or phone.
We don’t think it’s an overstatement to say: sharing yoga with kids could change our collective future world!
THROUGHOUT THE COURSE OF THIS TWO WEEKEND PROGRAM, WE’LL STUDY:
- How to structure a kids yoga class, focusing on 4-12-year-olds (K-5) with an overview of other age groups ranging from birth through teens.
- How to develop complete lesson plans and curriculum aligned with state and national PE standards.You will leave with a stack of lesson plans to start
- How to approach kids yoga teaching as a yoga practice in and of itself!
- How to teach kids yoga online
- Tips for staying balanced, open, empathic and effective as a kids yoga class leader
- Ideas for combining yoga with classroom management (key with kids yoga)
- School yoga vs. studio yoga
- Understanding different learning styles and developmental stages
- A dictionary of yoga poses, breath work, kids yoga games, ideas for meditation and relaxation
- Real-world yoga teacher advice and practice teaching time
Kids Yoga Teacher Training Dates
July 9th – 11th, 2021
Friday, July 9th Intro Session 5:30-8pm
Saturday and Sunday, July 10th & 11th: 11-3 (with 1/2 hour lunch break)
July 16th – 18th, 2021
Friday, July 16th: 5:30-8:30
Saturday and Sunday, July 17th & 18th: 11-3 (with 1/2 hour lunch break)
TEACHER: Sarah Herrington
“OM Schooled” by Sarah Herrington
SELF INVESTMENT: $600*
EARLY BIRD RATE: $500
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: June 11th, 2021
* Full payment is required to reserve your spot. Space in the program is limited. No refunds within 7 days of the start of the Program. Includes comprehensive manual, all materials, and certificate of course completion once finalized. There is a $100 non-refundable and non-transferable processing fee for all enrollments.