Dive deeply into yoga study and practice with a 50-hour immersion into Meditation and Pranayama. In addition to cultivating a personal practice, you will learn a variety of pranayama and meditation techniques to incorporate in your teaching. This immersion is open to all yoga teachers and students who are interested in these subtle practices.
IN THIS 50 HOUR MODULE, WE’LL EXPLORE:
- Understanding meditation: its purposes, practices, and effects.
- Explore meditation in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and its application beyond.
- The history and relevance of mantra to meditation practice.
- Understanding mindfulness: what it means, where it comes from, and how it can be practiced.
- Learn about and practice additional meditation techniques from Vedic, Tantric, Hatha Yoga, Buddhist, and devotional traditions.
- Effects of pranayama on the nervous system, energy level and internal state.
- The art of teaching pranayama in a group class.
- Understanding the Bandhas and their relationship to our breath, applying them in pranayama practice, and the importance of pelvic floor health.
- Discover how pranayama and meditation practices relate to the asana practice.
- Develop a personalized consistent daily practice. Understand how to build a steady habit while learning to adjust the practice to suit the demands of daily life. This will include self-practice assignments.
All students interested in Meditation & Pranayama are invited to join!
LEAD TEACHERS: Lindsay Hilscher & Eileen Goddard
DATES & TIMES:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 6-8:30pm EST
June 21 to July 16, 2021
This training will take place on Zoom. You will receive a link to join the week of the training.
SELF INVESTMENT: $750
Payment Deadline: June 18, 2021
EARLY BIRD RATE: $650 *
Early Bird Deadline: May 24, 2021
*For the Early Bird Rate, full payment must be made by the Early Bird Deadline
TO REGISTER: Fill out an online application and then pay in full*! Registration opens TBD.
* 1 month of FREE YOGA CLASSES start the day you pay your full tuition! No refunds within 31 days before the program begins and refunds requested more than 31 days before the program begins lose $150 processing fee only.
We are offering a BIPOC scholarship for this training at 50% of the full cost. Please submit a 1 page essay explaining why you hope to join the Meditation & Pranayama Training, and how this scholarship would be personally and professionally helpful to you. Please submit your essay to Lindsay@yogavida.com by May 24, 2021.