The mentorship program at Yoga Vida provides 200 hour graduates with a platform to continue their studies and counts as 75 hours toward your 300 hour certification at Yoga Vida. The program strives to create a bridge between foundational training and teaching by gaining experience conducting classes, refining teaching skills and studying directly with one of our senior instructors. This program is designed to make participants strong, confident teachers who can lead a room and create an environment conducive to learning. It is open to anyone who holds a 200 hour Teacher Training certificate.
UPCOMING MENTORSHIP PROGRAM:
Online Winter/Spring 2021 Mentorship Program
- February 4, 2021 (Orientation) – April 29, 2021 (Final Exam)
- Application Deadline: January 7, 2021
MENTORS: Cat Acquaviva, Emma Bowen, Erica Chen, Lindsay Hilscher, Nathan Lowry, Jamie Lugo, Sangeeta Vallabhan, Jeffrey Villanueva, Adam Vitolo & Loren Yandoc
MANDATORY WINTER/SPRING 2021 MENTORSHIP GROUP LECTURES:
MENTORSHIP ORIENTATION: Thursday, February 4, 2021 from 6:30-8:30pm
PHILOSOPHY WORKSHOPS: 6:30-8:30pm w/ Eileen Goddard
- Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Sunday, April 18, 2021
ANATOMY WORKSHOPS: 6:30-8:30pm w/ Tracy Maltz
- Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Thursday, March 11, 2021
- Thursday, April 8, 2021
ADVANCED SEQUENCING WORKSHOP: 6:30-8:30pm w/ Erica Chen
- Thursday, February 18, 2021
PRIVATES & AUDITIONS WORKSHOP: 6:30-8:30pm w/ Lindsay Hilscher
- Thursday, March 18, 2021
ADVANCED ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOP: 6:30-8:30pm w/ Jeffrey Villanueva
- Thursday, April 15, 2021
FINAL EXAM: Thursday, April 29, 2021 from 6:30-8:30pm
- Schedule six virtual meetings with your Mentor
- Teach weekly classes on Zoom*
- Take your Mentor’s virtual class once per week
- Practice Yoga 4x per week
- Establish a daily meditation practice
*Students will hold classes on their own professional Zoom account which will cost $14.99/mo. Please submit Zoom recordings of 6 classes total (2 per month) to your mentor.
REQUIRED TEXT: “Yoga Body: The Origins of Modern Posture Practice” by Mark Singleton*
*You will not be required to read the entire text. A syllabus will be sent to you prior to the training.
HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY CURRICULUM:
What is the connection between postural yoga as it is commonly practiced in contemporary New York with pre-modern yoga traditions of South Asia? Is modern posture focused yoga practice a unique tradition?
In the philosophy component of the mentorship program, we will explore these questions in an attempt to more fully understand the history of transnational modern yoga practice. We will pay particular attention to the tradition of Krishnamacharya in recognition of the enormous impact made by his students, specifically B.K.S. Iyengar and K. Pattabhi Jois, on the asana focused yoga practice so popular today.
SELF INVESTMENT: $1,600
Application & Payment Deadline: January 7, 2021*
- Register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hour Certified Teacher.
- Fill out a Mentorship Application here with your choice of Mentor. Mentors are assigned within two weeks of the final application deadline. To maximize group utility, you will be assigned one of your top three choices of Mentor.
- Click here to pay your full tuition by the Application Deadline.** We will run your transaction remotely.
- Take 20 classes at Yoga Vida TV & study the Philosophy component of our Teacher Training Program.
- Email email@example.com your proof of Liability Insurance (we recommend Yoga Journal).
* Free yoga begins on Mentorship Orientation and lasts until the end of your scheduled community classes. Your payment secures your spot in the Program, and guarantees one of your top 3 choices of Mentor.
**$1,000 of your tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable more than 31 days before the Program. Your full tuition payment secures your spot in the Program. The full cost of the Program is non-refundable and non-transferable within 31 days before the Program begins. No exceptions. There will be an additional $750 administration fee charged if you transfer out of the program at any point.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.